Careers & Moving On
Welcome to the Summer Term 2019-20
Welcome to the Summer Term. It has certainly been a time of huge change and adjustments with the coronavirus pandemic and we hope that you and your families are all coping in these times of great challenge.
We are here to continue to support you fully with your career plans. If you have any questions or concerns regarding post 16 or about what’s happening next f
or you, please do not hesitate to contact either Mrs G Pantell or Ms Gemma Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also contact Matt Penn, personal advisor YC Hertfordshire service for young people, at Matthew.Penn@hertfordshire.gov.uk .
Money & budgeting:
Careers Programme 2019-20
A number of events will be ongoing and integrated into the school Moving On and Careers Education Programme. This will offer providers an opportunity to come into Chessbrook to speak to students and/or their parents/carers.
The table below shows the yearly careers plan for students in year 10 and 11 and for the leavers:
- Weekly drop in sessions at Chessbrook for support and guidance including access to resources (computers and printing facilities).
- Planned Personal Learning Mentor visits to support students at home, college or at work.
- A monthly careers magazine.
- YC Herts will also continue to provide support to our post 16 students.
- Post year 11 certificate & celebration event.
- Monthly planned drop in sessions at West Herts College for students to visit YC Herts for additional advice and guidance.
- Help and guidance with UCAS applications if appropriate.