Alternative Provision Coordinator
Closing Date: Monday 25th February 2019 at 10a.m.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Start date: As soon as possible
This new post offers an excellent opportunity for a highly organised and enthusiastic person to join our dedicated and successful team at Chessbrook. We are looking for someone who is highly skilled, outward thinking and dynamic and believe in the value of enhancing the learning opportunities afforded to the most vulnerable learners. The successful candidate will manage a small team to coordinate and manage the offer of tailored alternative provision packages to Chessbrook students and young people of South West Hertfordshire.
This purpose of this new post will be to:
- coordinate and manage all processes in relation to our alternative provision packages
- sustain and develop relationships with alternative providers, including identifying and setting up additional provisions
- liaise with students, parents, staff, mainstream schools and other professionals in the coordination of appropriate alternative provision
- ensure continuity of Chessbrook practices, behaviour policies and safeguarding standards throughout the alternative provision
- manage finance income and expenditure in relation to alternative provision
It is essential that applications demonstrate:
- the capacity to develop a new role in a highly professional and successful team
- ability to monitor and review through self-evaluation, report writing and a clear system of record keeping
- ability to successfully manage a growing team at a high level
- being highly organised, with administrative and management skills
- have effective communication skills, interacting effectively with students, families, mainstream schools, colleagues, commissioned alternative providers and external agencies
- confidence to make presentations and reporting to senior leadership and management committee (governing body)
- the ability to plan and coordinate programmes
- managing budgets
- working in a school or similar context
- completing risk assessments
- experience of working with alternative provision
- understanding of safeguarding policies and procedures and inspection frameworks
This is a term-time only appointment, for one year in the first instance. The rate of pay is H9 (term time equivalent is £26,713 - £28,780), annualised to 12 equal monthly payments. Ideally, this role involves working 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
We welcome visits from potential applicants, please arrange by calling our school office.
Please be aware that applications via CV will not be considered. We may contact you to fully complete application forms in order for you to be considered. You will be asked to sign applications submitted online. Unless candidates request otherwise, references will be sought in advance.
During the interview you will be challenged in relation to your attitude, motivation and values to young people. For applicants with previous school experience please note we are able to seek a reference from your previous Headteacher without informing you and we are able to reserve the right to interview you again following receipt of that reference.
As Chessbrook ESC is committed to promoting the safety of young people all positions require an Enhanced Disclosure by the Disclosure and Barring Service. You will be asked to provide, ahead of an interview, a signed declaration in relation to any previous offences in accordance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our recruitment policy can be found here
Our child protection policy can be found here
To make an application please complete and submit the following form: